Friday, November 04, 2005

A short tour of my long journey with the Boss


So you're scared and you're thinking that maybe we ain't that young anymore. Show a little faith, there's magic in the night. You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright. Oh and that's alright with me.

Aaahhh, Springsteen's Thunder Road says it all. We are all older and maybe wiser these days...Who ever thought we would see ourselves with a touch of gray (or for some of us, a touch of bald!) a middle-aged paunch (where beer bellies go to retire), or wearing the dreaded "mom jeans?"

Back in 1984, My concert buddy Anne Turner and I were young silly teachers who decorated bulletin boards in their classrooms and wore black armbands when Bruce married that actress. We are still going to concerts together. Tonight will be our tenth. For Springsteen's concert in Tampa this evening, the St. Petersburg Times is running fans' memories of their first Bruce concert.
go to Times story


I thought I would share my memories on my web site, jillwilson.com. Go to Glory Days on the menu or click on the title of this post to link directly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.